You guys may want to grab yourself a cuppa and a choccie biscuit for this one, we could be here a while. As promised, I have a little step by step tutorial on the background tags as per my previous post. I have also made three of them into finished pieces now and there are lots of photos to plough through....are you ready????
There are four different background tags to show you and for three of them I used some Ferro.
Another option is to just scrape a layer over one corner of the tag, using the palette knife in a schlupping fashion, Those of you who know me will know that schlupping is patting your knife into the product to get texture, just like you would if you were trying to get peaks in a meringue!
Although you really can't see it in this photo, I have actually stamped some script into the Ferro as well, I suggested that you spritz the stamp with water first, that way it is easy to remove any excess product from your stamp. You will see the script better once the Ferro has been coloured.
You can dry Ferro with a heat gun. You may find that the product bubble a bit too, but as long as they are only small bubbles, they will add to the texture.
So here we have the four tags prepared. The one on the left has been embossed in an embossing folder. and the other three all have Ferro on them. The next step is to paint them all black. I used Paperartsy's Little Black Dress Fresco Finish paint.
Tag No.1 got a paint treatment which makes it look like leather.
Using a piece of Cut'n'dry foam, I sponged Claret and Brown Shed paint over the black tag, blending them together where the two colours meet.
Brass Liquid Leaf!
I sprayed tag No.3 with some watered down Fresco paint. Using a mini spray bottle, add a small amount of water to the bottle followed by your choice of paint, then shake well. If you put the paint in first, it will be tricky to mix as the paint will sit at the bottom of the bottle. Once thoroughly mixed, add more water. Don't fill the bottle completely as you will need room in the bottle to agitate the liquid for a thorough mix. I normally use about 25% paint, 75% water. Here I used Mermaid and Brown Shed with a little bit of Pumpkin Soup mixed in for good measure!
I sponged some Black Archival ink on the raised areas so that the Liquid Leaf would really pop when applied.
This is where I have to show you a photo of the finished tag as I stupidly forgot a picture pf this step!!!!
here.www.paperartsy.co.uk or if you are in the north of the country, Paperartsy will be exhibiting at the Great Northern Papercrafts Extravaganza in Harrogate this weekend.