Friday 30 October 2009

More Arstycrafts snaps

I finally managed to figure out how to rotate my photographs, so I would like to share some more photos of the projects that our wonderful Artsycrafters made. I think you'll agree, they were a very talented bunch!

This is a close up of one of the fobs that was part of the "Little bit of me time" class


Just one or two more, waiting for the Crackle Accents to dry and crack!
And here are a couple of the finished samples......these are so coooool!





This was the final project of the weekend, we gave everyone two arch shape pieces of chipboard, some card and pearl metal, some Kaiser paint, ink and stamps and those few basic items were transformed into these fab concertina books.



The main project for the weekend was "tick tock" not exactly an original name but everyone new it was going to be a clock as the theme for the whole weekend was time. It looks like a massive project but Leandra and I broke it down into small sessions. First session, we made the numbers by stamping the new Paperartsy stamps that were designed especially for this event, on to metal. WE made them into a tape sandwich to allow them to be cut out neatly.

The clock face started life as chipboard but by the time it was covered with Terra paint for texture, stamped into, painted with acrylic paint and blasted with copious amounts of Glimmer Mist, you would never have known!
The four metal panels were made by embossing them on TSS moulds or putting them through the Cuttlebug and then distressed with either paint or glimmer mist or both!!
The canvas had a layer of gesso before applying and blending acrylic paints. The canvas was stamped with the new clock images for an interesting background before all the elements were stuck down. It was a great project and so nice to tackle something on a much larger scale than you would maybe attempt on your own at home. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. Details of the March event soon.

9 comments:

Helen said...

I have seen sooooo many fabulous projects on blogs round the country since these weekends - I so have to be on the next one!

Unknown said...

I loved every single second and Thank you for sharing some more piccies too ... it still amazes me how different they all look! And well done you on the photo rotation thingie ... there 'll be no stopping you now :0)

P'tite Plume said...

OMG! It's so beautiful!

Andrea said...

great photos and am sure that one of those clocks is Dans, was a brill weekend thanks again xx

Kay said...

I am sooo mad I missed out this time. I am saving my pennies and will be booking on the next one as soon as the details are published!

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

They are all so gorgeous...thank you for mastering the art of rotating!!!! Can't wait for March.

Jane Moseley said...

Had a great weekend and planing to come on the next one! My bird book has made it onto the blog...

Thanks for all the hard work you all put into the weekends.

Tolegranny said...

I love what you do with all the clocks. Great projects.

DI said...

Love your work. great to talk to you today in Ringwood.My daughter was sad to not be able to come and do messy play but thanks for the sample of your work it has pride of place in her room.