What a fantastic weekend........60 very creative students attended the first of our Spring ArtsyCrafts events. Apart from a slight technical problem with the air conditioning (basically it broke down and we all thought we would pass out from the heat) it all went off really well and some gorgeous project were made. I can't share the photos with you yet as it will spoil the surprise for those who are attending next weekend, but as soon as the second event is over, I will definitely be sharing photos.
What I will share with you though is this little pendant that I made with the new TSS Kabuka 3 mould. Here's what you do:
1. Emboss some copper art metal on the mould by first rubbing over with a paper stump, follow this with refining the detail with your Teflon tipped tools.
2. Cut a piece of acetate the size of your blank pendant, this is going to be your template. Place your template on top of the embossed metal and because it is transparent, you can accurately pick out the area of metal that you want. Hold in place and carefully cut around the template.
3. Fill the back of the embossed metal to stop it from getting squished!!!
4. Stick into your blank pendant with Humungo sticky tape.
5. Paint with black acrylic paint, working the paint down into the design. Allow to sit for 30 seconds before gently wiping off the excess paint. When completely dry, spay with Glimmer Mist. You can of course hurry along the drying time with a heat gun but remember that it is metal and it is going to get very hot!!
6. When the Glimmer Mist is completely dry, cover with Glossy Accents and leave it to dry over night. Do not be tempted to stick your finger in it to see if it is dry....you will leave a lovely finger print in it.!!