I do love PaperArtsy's Hot Picks stamps and guess what???? They have new ones.....lots of them and I was invited to play with them to make some samples for the launch tonight over on the PaperArtsy blog.
Tonight I would like to share some of my step by step photos of how I made my samples. It's a photo heavy post with LOTS of info so you might like to grab a cuppa and a biscuit for sustenance before you start!!!
Project No 1 using HP1605
I painted a PaperArtsy A5 size piece of white/greyboard with Pumpkin Soup Fresco Finish paint and stamped a selection of images from HP1602 & HP1605 using Archival ink.
I used Matt Medium to glue some handmade paper to the board before painting with translucent Frescos.
I used Yellow Submarine, Tango and Claret. When it was dry, touches of White Fire Treasure Gold really enhanced the background.
I stamped the collage image on Smoothy cardstock several times to allow me to build up the layers.
It's quite tricky to photograph, it's very dimensional.
Project No. 2 Using HP1606
I stencilled some Snowflake Fresco Finish paint through Sara Naumann's new stencil PS026 over the top of a blended background of Wisteria and Blue Oyster Fresco.
I applied a layer of Tango with a baby wipe for a soft, blended look.
Before stamping the images with Jet Black Archival ink, I added some London Bus around the edges and some Beach Hut for a bit of extra colour in the background.
My poppy is coloured with Prisma pencils.
Project No. 3 Using HP1602
I stamped a selection of images from HP1602 on some white Egyptian Cotton. I always use Rangers Archival ink for this. It does need heat setting but it's by far my favourite ink for this purpose. I stamped a selection of images not really knowing if I would use them all.
Once the fabric has been heat set, I like to spritz the fabric with water to help the paint soak into the weave of the fabric. I also added some fabric medium to the paint to help keep the fabric flexible.
If an image is a tricky shape to stitch into place, I always use Heat'n'Bond to adhere any cut out elements to my fabric work
A few gold beads always bring a project to life!
Project No. 4 Using HP1601
I created a masterboard with Leandra's brayer technique using Baltic Blue, Space Cadet, Lake Wanaka and Antarctic working from dark up to the lightest colour. I tinted everything with a touch of Toffee applied with a baby wipe before stamping some background images with Archival ink.
Using PS027, another fabulous new stencil from Sara Naumann, I stencilled some Chocolate Pudding leaves around the edges of my card.
Using Lynne Perrella's bumping technique, I added a layer of Snowflake Fresco.
Now that I have a layer of white, I was able to shade the leaves with a selection of translucent paints.
Project No. 5 Using HP1604
This is my favourite set, I just love this quirky girl.
My background started life with a blend of Guacamole, Wisteria and Blue Oyster Fresco Finish paint. I added some Snowflake paint through PS031 which is one of Darcy's new stencils and stamped a few background images with Cornflower Blue Archival ink.
More stencilling with Dusty Teal and PS031. Some stamping with Bougainvillea using the border stamps from HP1602. I used Watering Can Archival for the numbers and added some washi tape for good measure.
A spot of doodling.
Now for the girl!!! I used a left over piece of masterboard from the previous project for her body and decided that she could really use some arms which I made out of wire, wrapped around a paintbrush.
I used one of my chipboard shapes as the base for her head. I gave her a 3D crown and some earrings.
I hope you guys like her as much as I do!!!
Phew! Thank you for staying to the very end.