I gathered together a few pieces of fabric that are quite neutral colours and applied Bondaweb to the back of the fabric with an iron.
I actually had two ideas that I wanted to try out and the one I am going to share with you today uses just ivory coloured fabric, I'll share the other idea with you another day.
I cut my fabric into smaller squares and rectangles and bonded them to my tag with a small iron. I didn't really want a pattern to form, I wanted the pieces to overlap each other and be quite a random arrangement. The idea was to build texture rather than pattern.
I love that raggedy look and made a conscious decision to leave all the hanging threads. I applied a layer of Grunge Paste through one of my new stencils PS006.
When the Grunge Paste was thoroughly dry, I used Chartreuse and Tikka Fresco paint (from my box of Limited Edition colours) blended together to cover the fabric and Grunge Paste.
I'm loving this effect.
I dry brushed a little bit of Chutney around the edges of the tag to frame it.
Then I stencilled some Chutney through a few of the dots on my PS001 stencil and rubbed some Treasure Gold on the Grunge Paste which really made the leaves pop.
I really like the tag as it is but of course it does need a focal point of some description. I had some left over fabric with Bondaweb on it and decided to die cut a few things. I used my Bloom, Branch and Leaf 1 dies along with the smallest size Grunge Flower die.
I painted my Bloom with Chutney and loved how the little gold dots on the fabric just popped through the paint....what an unexpected but lovely result!! All the other shapes were painted with Chartreuse then edged with a tiny amount of Seaweed.
I stamped them with images from PaperArtsy ELB07 using Wendy Vecchi's Potting Soil Archival Ink.....really love this colour......if you don't have it, you should make it your next ink pad purchase. I then decided to add some detail with my sewing machine.....don't look too closely at my wobbly stitching!!!!
I have no idea why my flower is looking pink in this photo, it is the same colour as the dots on the tag in real life!!!
It's not looking quite so pink in this shot!
I hope you've enjoyed my little tutorial. I'll be back later in the week to show you what I did with this.