Sunday 24 November 2013

Well that was fun!!

I had such a lovely day yesterday, teaching my "True North" class to eight lovely, lovely ladies. Everyone knew each other from various classes that they had attended when I had the shop. It was such a nice, relaxed atmosphere yesterday and all the projects were so beautiful that I thought I should share them with you.

At this point, everyone had explored their kit and things are just starting to get going so we are still clean and tidy at this.......of course this didn't last.....and quite rightly so, it's not so much fun if it doesn't get messy!

 
The first sample belongs to Penny and I must apologise to Penny as I appear to have chopped her off in this photograph, she was actually sitting next to Karen
 
 
This is the work of the lovely Karen.

 
 Carol had not used some of the new colours of Fresco Finish so she decided to try out Spanish Mulberry, Blush along with Chocolate Pudding and loved the results.

 
This next sample belongs to Janet who wanted to keep her canvas quite neutral in background colours and I think she did this beautifully with just a splash of colour to bring everything to life.

 
This sample is the work of the lovely Rachel.

 
 And this one belongs to Sue.

 
Emma decided she wanted to make her project for a Christmas display and hasn't finished putting it all together yet as she had a small Christmas tree stamp at home that would fit perfectly in the little arch frame.


Jean also decided  that she was going to put a different image in her arch frame and I have to say that this photo does not do justice to the colour of Jean's canvas. She wanted a brown/orange combo so we mixed Tango and Brown Shed and created an amazing shade of orange which we all fell in love with.

 
I think you will agree that all my ladies worked their little socks of and created amazing canvases yesterday.
 
I have one more class to teach this year at The Bead Scene on 15th December and guess what, there are still a couple of places so if you would like to join me to create a project and learn some great paint techniques, the photo below is a  sneaky peek and if you click here to hop on over to the booking information, you'll find all the details and more pictures of the project.
 
  

8 comments:

Helen said...

They all look fantastic projects, lovely to see Janet and Rachel again - and the colours of Jean's canvas is fantastic - off to try and recreate that one!

Anonymous said...

It was a fabulous day Lin, as always ! Hope all goes well on the 5th and see you soon ! Sue C x

Anonymous said...

Guess who's more than slightly jealous?!!!

:-)

Love to all -- Sally in France xo

Daniele said...

such lovely creations
hugs

PetraB said...

Wonderful creations!

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

I have just joined your Blog as I am on a mission to see what my FB friends are Blogging about, well I only got to your so far. Gad I did though these Altered Art pieces are gorgeous! Sam xx

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Sorry about the Typos My IPad keyboard sticks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are ALL stunning.