Thursday 25 October 2012

A little bit of Sizzix playtime




It feels like an eternity since I made a card but I recently became the proud owner of some of Sizzix stamp and dies sets that were designed by the very lovely and extremely talented paula Pacual and thought I should make a couple of cards. I've only made one so far and for this I used dies and stamps from the following set:

658294 Labels, old

I have to admit that this style of stamps and dies are not my usual choice but I am on a bit of a flower kick at the moment and am trying to use things that are not not designed for flowers to actually make flowers, so this is what I did.

I die cut eight of each of the little tab dies in contrasting colours.

I used some of Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink to soften and tint the edges of the round part of the die cuts.


Use a paintbrush to curl the shape of the petals.



Positioned two of the dies cuts so that the straight bits overlap and glue them together.

Cut off the side bits. You will need to repeat this process for all the remaing die cut tabs.

Position tabs as shown below....so you will make two of these.


When they are layered together, they will look like this.


Repeat the process for the larger tab dies cuts.

You will also need to dies the circle die from this set in the same colour paper as the larger petals of you flower. You can leave this as is, maybe add a brad or a button or go one step further....

....and create a pretty little centrepiece for your flower. You simply take a sharp pair of scissors and snip a fringe all the way around the edge. If you lean on a foam mat, use the end of a paintbrush as an embossing tool, you can make the little fringy bits stand up!



Sorry if the quality of my photographs is worse than normal, it is such a gloomy day today, I've really struggled to get anything worth using. Anyways, hopefully you will be able to see how dimesional these flowers can be from this close up shot.

OK, that's me for today, I'm off to open my other sets of dies and stamps then I'm off to college tonight. We will be finishing our silk painting pieces.....I'm very excited!!!

Lin


4 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

wow lin love your fabulous thinking out of the box flowers made with the labels die...hugs kath xxx

Helen said...

Lin, these look great - only problem is I don't have a label die! Have fun at college, can't wait to see your next silk painting.

Gabrielle said...

Ooh! So pretty! And from a set I'd never have thought about! Have a lovely time tonight - pictures please!

Paula Pascual said...

So creative! Never ever thought about making a flower with the tabs! Your work is exceptional! Paula xxx