Monday 19 March 2012

Lovely Weekend

Morning all. I hope you all had a lovely weekend, I know I certainly did. I spent a fun Saturday with Karen and Mary supposedly playing in my studio. We did play a little bit but there was a lot of chatting....well, there was three months worth of catching up to do!!!! A spot of fabric shopping also got in the way but that was jolly lovely too! So we shared news of our recents purchases, drank lots of tea, ate choccies,played a bit in our journals and Mary showed us how to stitch fibres together using some magic, disolving fabric stuff. As many of you know fabric is new to my life so this was all very exciting for me.

Sunday was a hectic but fun day. As it was Mothers Day the day started as every Sunday does with a telephone visit to my Mummy who has not experienced good health for many years now and cos she lives about 80 miles away, I don't see her as often as I would like.We then dashed off to visit Mark's Mum, again just like we do every Sunday but laden with her favourite choccies and treats for a little Mother's Day indulgence. Swiftly followed by a trip to the opticians.....oh we know how to enjoy a Sunday you know!!!!! It turns out that Mark's last visit was five years ago and of course he needs new specs. The lovely assistant in the opticians was amazed at the speed in which Mark selected his new frames....all of 30 seconds.....he wanted the same as last time......now I'm guessing that there is not a woman on the face of the earth who would do that!!!!!

Opticians sorted.....a spot of shopping for stuff for Mark for our holiday next month. This man is definitely not a shopper....he hates clothes shopping, but the experience of shopping with Mark always makes me laugh!!!!! Think he was certainly ready for a cuppa after all this so we set off to my daughter Kelly's house where all my children and grand babies would be gathering for a lovely Mother's Day dinner. I of course got three fabulous cards and gifts from Kelly, Sarah and Alex but I just have to share this card with you....it made me laugh sooooo much, but a little explanation first. As a silly teenager I was head over heels in love with Donny Osmond. Now I know that many of you are cringing at this point but there will also be a lot of you who shared my love, if you are one of those people you will love this.

And when you open the card, Donny spoke to me....personally.....wishing me a Happy Mothers Day!!!!! 

OK, so know that I have completely blown my street cred......I'll show you something arty!!!!  I've been working on a couple of projects that will be classes later this year, so I thought I would share a couple of sneaky peeks with you.

It's a botanical themed project using lovely new images from both Paperartsy and Dark Room Door. It's not quite finished yet and I'll have to come back to it as I have more urgent things on my "to do" list today. Like calling the garage as the clutch on my new car is slipping......as you can imagine, I'm not terribly happy about that....in fact, I'm off to call them now.

Hope you all have a fun day.
Lin

9 comments:

Helen said...

Well, my late sister loved Donny - I was a David Cassidy girl myself... love your project, it looks amazing and is sure to make a good class. Hope you get your clutch sorted.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous project!! Glad you had a lovely weekend.

JoZart Designs said...

Street Cred is safe as Doony is a great guy and I met him when I used to work at the Beeb. So nice to his fans too and he gained another in me after meeting him.
Love the sneak peeks.
Don't you just wonder how you ever managed to run a business.... you seem to be doing more now!
JoZarty x

Ann B said...

Sounds like you had the perfect weekend with a combination of craft-time and family treats. I'm with Mark with buying new glasses, it takes me about 10 minutes.
My weekend finished off a perfect week - lots of 'me' time, some sunshine, good doggie walks and a lovely Sunday lunch (cooked by me).
We had a visitor from Japan (Mr B's cousin's wife - he teaches over there) and she brought me some beautiful antique silk kimono swatches, and not only that, they were wrapped up in a very large sheet of washi paper - heaven.

Alison Horne said...

Is it me, or is Donny Morphing into Eamon Holmes?

Siobhan Brignull said...

ooh it was Donny for me but also David C, LOl

Rebecca said...

Do you remember when you were aloud to take things in on the last day if term? Well I took my beloved poster of Jimmy (long haired lover from Liverpool, one of my first records!). Anyway I was most put out when some if the lads put darts through it. How horid can 9yr old boys be!

Keep us informed of the workshop dates, looking good.

Happy craftin
Rebecca

Karen R said...

The sneeky peeks for your class look good, can't wait for the dates hope I'm free. Hope you get your car sorted.
Karen xx

GillOsmond said...

...and I discovered recently we are related to Donny,my late husbands father George Thomas and Donnys father George were second cousins!
Woo hoo!
Gill Osmond x