Monday 21 November 2011

Christmas is a coming!!!!

Having spent most of last week sending out a gazillion parcels to all you lovely, lovely people who are taking advantage of our sale items, I thought it would be fun to have a little time off to play. I actually sat in on one of the very talented and ultra funny Linda Elbourne's classes today to make some chunky ATC's. It was Linda who kindly reminded me that Christmas is coming a lot faster than we all thought and suggested that one of our ATC's could actually be a Christmas decoration......genius idea, I thought to myself and reached for Aged Mahogny and Peeled Paint Distress stains and ink pads......my favourite Christmas combination.

So this was my kit before I got started.

As I said Aged Mahogany and Peeled Paint are the way forward for me. A bit of stamping with a gold paint dabber for a bit of zing always makes a project look very warm and rich.



And voila!

I really like the way it turned out.




A drop or two of Adirondack alcohol ink on some of Tim Holtz Ideaology Christmas adorments finished off the project nicely.

OK so that was my day. It has been a good today today in more ways than one as the lovely Karen had confirmation today that she has secured a job which she will start in the new year following the closure of
L.B.Crafts, so huge congratulations to Karen.

Well, that's my news for today except I do need to tell you that I will back back, hopefully tomorrow, with details of further reductions of the website......lots more fabulous bargains will be up for grabs but remember, first come, first served!!!
Lin

16 comments:

Helen said...

Your chunky ATC looks great, the depth of colour from the aged mahogany is just great!! May just have to check out the website tomorrow for bargains... eek!! poor wallet... (not!)

Siobhan Brignull said...

love that chunky ATC, its so christmassy :O !!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fab ATC, I love it! I'm glad you took some time out to have a play.

Lin said...

love it love it love!!!

Lin said...

missed an it offf of the end lol

Unknown said...

tasty!
what did you use as the base???
really pleased for Karen
Michelle B

Crafty Loops said...

Wow I love this, its really beautiful. Lee xx

kjjc said...

gorgeous creation. So very pleased for Karen. Well done.

Unknown said...

Oh what fun we had :0)
LOVE your ATC ... rather a LOT!

Brenda Brown said...

A great chunky Lin, love the colours and the gold touch to it.
Please give Karen my congrats for her new job and much love to you all.
Brenda xoxox

Trish said...

Gorgeous Chrsitmas docration/chunky ATC Lin, and big congrats to Karen, that is great news.
Love your creativety, you are so talented!

Inkypinkycraft said...

This isfab,i must have a go at these chunky acts, they look so fun.Love the deep rich colours!!may have to nip by your website later, poor hubbie!!! Trace x

Daniele said...

great chuncky ATC and yes it would make a perfect ornament,nice to have a rest and play
hugs

Ann B said...

I'm another lover of Aged Mahogany and love your chunky ATC - so rich and very, very Christmassy.

Kath Stewart said...

what better way to spend some me time away from parcel chores than to play along with the gorgeous Julia and what a stunning creation...big hugs kath xxx

Susanne said...

Love your creation... thank you for sharing it!!! Hugs Susanne