Thursday 2 June 2011

Catch up day

I'm stuck at home today, I have some long over due repairs to the roof of the house that needed attention and so today's the daythe workmen are here. Now when I say stuck, I don't really mean that in a bad way, I'm just not at the shop so I thought I would take advantage of my free time and get creative. I have quite a few projects that have been started so this was the perfect opportunity to finish at least one.

This one is a wooden cake standy/styly doo daddy storage thingy that I figured I might use to stand my Colorwash and Perfect Pearl mists on.


I had painted it a few weeks ago with Claudine Hellmuth's Studio paints so today was all about decoration. I wanted it to to be attractive but didn't want to overload it with stuff as it is going to be a working item rather than something that will just sit and look pretty.


My favourite ribbon of the moment brown gingham seems to just go with everything and I do still have a bit of a love affair with chain so I knew I was going to use both of these but didn't really know what else I was going to do so it was a case of getting out my Tim Holtz Idea-ology stash and fiddling around to see what worked.
I screwed some screw eyes under the top tier so that I could dangle my chain and simply added some of my Ideaology stash to each screw eye.

Tissue tape around the sides before more Idea-ology and hey presto it's done!

Think I'm off to do a spot of journaling now.
Lin

8 comments:

Dragon said...

Woo ... all VERY decorative for keeping your thingies on!!! I am lovin the colour and the chain... have a great week and I hope the roof gets to be ok!!
Frankie
xx

Alison said...

Oooooohhh! xx

Kaz Hall said...

OMG Lin I just love this its so cool!!

Kazx

Helen said...

Love your doo dads! That is a lovely colour you painted it, too.

Daniele said...

scrummy paint holder, I make to do witha plastic box.....lol

Magda said...

wooow, amazing!

Gabrielle said...

This is very, very cool! Love the colour! Wondering why we don't all have something this lush to keep our colourwashes on!

Netty said...

Beautiful cake stand makeover, now all you need is some Steam Punk cakes to go on it.......wow wouldn't that look good.......Annette x