Wednesday 8 December 2010

A treat for me!

This year has been a lot of hard work and I decided that it was time to make something for me instead of a sample for the shop. I have accumulated a lot of demonstration and make & take pieces over the year and they are all sitting in a little box just crying out to be made into a full blown project .......so.....I took one of the fabulous 7 Gypsies Shadowbox trays and filled it with all my little treasures. Of course I did add some new bits and bobs to fill the gaps but it was a great way to bring all those individual items together.

I'll show you some close ups so hopefully you can see the details better. This top piece was actually a necklace that I made at CHA on the Advantus booth as a make & take with Tim Holtz Ideaology goodies......I loved it but because I have a tiny neck, I was never able to wear it without it looking ridiculous......it's looking pretty cool now with the addition of some wings behind it.

Tim Holtz Foundations are one of my passions for every hanging piece I make. They make fantastic hangers....I just need to find the right chain or ribbon to hang the piece with.
A paper, fabric, tissue and metal Grunge Flower using Paperartsy dies.



These very tall skinny niches were a bit tricky.....I didn't have anything that shape so I filled one of them with small trinkets sitting on some of Tim's Tissue tape......I liked having some of the rich colour of the wooden frame showing......nice contrast. The other one has some chipboard shapes sitting on top of the niche.


I've got a UTEE stamped clock image which was a demo piece from my Melt Art class, a couple of dominoes coloured with Adirondack Alcohol Ink and some trimming from Wendy Vecchi's Art Parts.


My dangly thing is a make & take sample from the Vintage booth at CHA plus a memory frame filled that I filled with Ice Resin.

My title for the piece is "The Romance Of Paris Makes Me Smile"



Oh , here's an ever closer pic of my necklace.


Tim Holtz Ideaology range of trinkets are just perfect for all those little gaps that need filling with something interesting.

So there we have it, if you have some time over the Christmas holidays, you could make one for yourself.
Have a fun day.
Lin

46 comments:

Valerie Brincheck said...

What a truly lovely collection of treasures. A very stunning way to showcase all the samples you have made. Beautifully done!

Diane said...

Just Gorgeous!! I love those wings too--where did you get them?

Paperfanatic said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Eddy said...

Fantastic! What a treasure you have created here.

barbara b. said...

It's gorgeous! I'm in awe of all the details. Thanks for the inspiration.

Elaine said...

Love all the bits and bobs and how you've managed to create a co-ordinated and stunning piece. Brilliant!

Helen said...

Well, I could make one if I had your brilliant eye for perfection, maybe. (and a shop full of goodies to raid!) This is simply stunning.
Have a great day.

Hels Sheridan said...

WOW Lin, this is truly STUNNING and soooo much to look at... thanks for sharing x

judith@poppy cottage said...

This is beautiful Linda, I recognise some brass pieces in there, did you go shopping somewhere that I recommended? I love the whole Paris theme, my 21 year old Daughter would take my arm off for something like this. I might have to think about constructing something on a Parisian theme for her. You look like you've had such fun constructing this, especially as it was just for you. Judith xx

Kath Stewart said...

something to treasure always lin....absolutely stunning...hugs kath xxx

Martha Richardson said...

Oh my Lin...I just recently discovered your blog...now I'm addicted...your work is eye candy!!! Such inspiration...I have been mentaly lamenting ther fact that I have so many pretty things for scrapbooking that I never get to use all that I love...aha...spark...zing...a paradigm shift has happened...thanks~

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Its absolutely stunning Lin!!
Julie xx

Linda M. Cain said...

Unbelievable!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Stunning project Linda !! good for your to treat yourself! you deserve it!
hugs for snowy (at last!) Ontario
isa xx

Artyjen said...

Wow! Stunning......need to start collecting all those bits and bobs together and have a go! Great inspiration
xoxo Sioux

PeggyR said...

It is very cool!

Neet said...

Wow Lin, you never cease to amaze me - what talent. Love it.

~* steph :) *~ said...

absolutely STUNNING :)!!! i love every nook and cranny of your creation. so much to see. love all the wonderful details. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

kjjc said...

OMG wow wow wow

Elaine A said...

Lin -

Absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful way to remember all your events for the past year. So stunning!

Elaine Allen

Paper Paradise said...

What a show piece. It will be well and truly admired. x

steph martin said...

what a stunning project Lin - so inspirational :)

MvM-design said...

Gorgeous Linda!!

Daniele said...

OMG this is so stunning, your creativity never ceases to amaze me,looking forward to seeing what next years classes are going to be
best wishes

Anne Jagger said...

That is so gorgeous, stunning!

Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely stunning piece, love those wings on your necklace and a wonderful way to showcase all your creations and keepsakes. Very inspirational. Tracy Evans x x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, that is a real treasure trove & it looks wonderful.

Martina said...

This piece is just brilliant, fantastic, totally awesome, wow, what more can I say. Love it.

Gayle Price said...

This is truly amazing......love,love, love it. How wonderful for you to have all those bits and pieces ready go, but it is what you have done with them that makes you so very clever and creative. Thanks for sharing this .

donnalouiserodgers said...

Gorgeous - and so Pure You,

those long skinny spaces would hold one of your own made bracelets beautifully - I reckon your small jewellery pieces are as attractive, if not more so, than the Ranger stuff - you really should sell your own embellies...the way you use your beads and metal is very unique and would be incredibly nice to use in altered pieces - I keep recycling my artsy crafts projects into other altered pieces...

Oh please please think about finding something and making it into a jewellery box....with your jewelery displayed in full glory

have a lovely christmas, with your family -

I may be able to nip in tot he shop after the mayhem, yeah, afterwards in the new year -

love to Karen too - wish her seasons greetings for me,

take care,

Donnax

Jack and Cat Curio said...

Love IT!

Anonymous said...

You are so good in turning all those loose bits into one gorgeous tray. It is beautiful.
Margriet

wendy vecchi said...

I am drooling! I LOVE THIS...
Christmas is coming.
Need my address?

Take a bow...it's awesome.

Vicki B in OP NY said...

Luscious...a collection of everything wonderful in one place. The theme is so beautifully detailed. Just gorgeous dahling.

BETTY said...

wow what a great idea. I love working with metal
thank you for sharing
hugs

sandra de said...

This is so gorgeous and I love how you have made something for you. Just brilliant.

Minxy said...

There are few words to describe how totally wonderful this is, good on you for making something for yourself, because your worth it! hang on i sound like an advert lol

Paula Pascual said...

Just AMAZING. Beautiful.

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

What a gorgeous show caes, simply stunning!
hugs
Sue

Dragon said...

Woo wonderful things, to coin a phrase!!! A truly stunning way to display your trinkets and treasures... Thought there might have been room for one of those fantastic metal flowers!!
Frankie
xx

Vera said...

I REALLY LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!
GORGEOUS :)
a real treasure in your house :)

hug

vera

Helen Campbell said...

This is amazing! You have inspired me to create something with the printers drawer I've had sitting here for a few years... Thanks!

Unknown said...

Absolutely fabulous. That tray seems a great way to present stuff. The technique reminded me of one I was shown at a Ten Seconds Studio demo at CraftWorld, Glasgow, Scotland - see my blog post for details.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

fantabulous! i love it!

HeARTworks said...

Gorgeous! You must have been so happy afterwards! I could stare at it all day! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Gillian .... said...

Lin, I love your collection of treasures, so much detail to take in ... tis gorgeous.