Sunday 18 July 2010

Surprising things in life

This page of my journal is called "Life is full of surprises" and the first surprising thing is that this page is VERY pink and really couldn't be any more girlie if I tried. I really didn't have it in my head to turn all pretty, pretty but I was flicking through some magazines and found this picture of a girl in a hat with a great expression on her face and knew that she should now live inside my journal. The whole page was made to co-ordinate with her hat and I really hate to admit it, but it's one of my favourite pages so far. Here's a couple of close up shots....hope you can see all the layers of paint, inks and sprays.





Well, I must fly, just waiting for the phone call from Mark to say that he's nearly at the station so I'm off to pick him up after his Canadian trip.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Lin

13 comments:

Helen said...

Love these pink pages - even if the colour was a surprise to you. I wouldn't know where to start! Hope Mark gets back safely soon!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this page ... it looks even better in the flesh and all your little added touches are perfect ... I am now counting the sleeps to my journalling class with you!

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Very pinky...It's gorgeous!
Had a great day with Linda E. yesterday and looking forward to seeing you in August.

xx

Kathryn said...

lovely, I love all the layers and she is a great find. Love the title. K x

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow, this is lovely! I am not much of a pink person either but sometimes I get surprised by it and this is one of those times!

penibear said...

Love these gorgeous pages - please schedule some more journal classes!

AmyK said...

Fantastic. Reminds me of ... hmm.. an elegant pink? It looks great, though!

Unknown said...

This is truly stunning- and you are making such a joyous journal.

awesome

Siobhan Brignull said...

that is very nice even if it is a bit un-Lin (new) word

Angie said...

LOve these pages ..and the inspiration from the hat works so well ...love the journalling too

Marnie Blum said...

Fantastic! I am not a girly girl either but there is something very inviting about your piece. I agree, her expression is great!

Neet said...

Can't believe I didn't comment when I read your blog. This is gorgeous and it looks so well in pink. I am not a pink person but I just love this.

Isabelle Norris said...

gorgeous page !!! I LOVE it (and I don't do pink) but this is beautiful
isa