Monday 29 August 2016

Step by Step

Today I thought I would share a little step by step tutorial of one of my Stevenage samples for those of you who were unable to go to the show.


This Kraft paper journal page started life with a very rough base coat of Snowflake Fresco Finish paint.


A sprinkle of "Golden Sands" and "Are You Cerise" Infusions adds a splash of colour to the page. After spritzing with water to activate the Infusions, I dried them pretty quickly to stop the brown part of the Infusions developing too much.


Ooops, I appear to have lost the left side of this photo but hopefully, you'll see that I stamped the very fine script from ELB30   in the centre of my page and scribbled a square border using a Sharpie pen. I masked off the bottom of the square, ready for the next step.


My favourite stamp of the moment is this beautiful grassy stamp which creates the focal point of my collage. With the addition of a few stars and the "Dream" stamp (all from (ELB30), it completes my simple collage. I then used some water colours for the finishing touches to the grass, stars and border. 


This next page uses the same technique but the stamps are from ELB29.




9 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful pages, and so nice to see them in detail.

Lin said...

This is the third time i've tried to comment lol...love your new stamps Lin and all the samples were lovely xx

Caz said...

Just love these new stamps....so many uses for them....they're not going to be put away any time soon!!

Lucy Edmondson said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, Lin! I think the grass will be so popular,

Lucy x

Susan said...

I LOVE your new stamps, Lin! Wonderful tutorial!

PaperArtsy said...

Brilliant idea and the stamps are awesome!!!

Lynne Gilbert said...

Beautiful sample and a great new stamp plate which I can't wait to get my hands on! X

Moiz said...

Love the colours you have used here Lin. The grassy stamp is my favourite at the moment too. M x

craftimamma said...

Such beautiful pages Lin. Thanks for sharing the how to. I can't wait for my stamps to arrive.

Hugs
Lesley Xx