Monday 23 May 2016

Me time at last!

I've been busy with all sorts of things of late and have really missed having a play just for me, so I spent a couple of happy hours yesterday afternoon playing in my journal. My poor blog has also been badly neglected so I took step by step photos so I could type up a little tutorial for you guys.



I found a double page that I had previously started that didn't really float my boat and thought I would work over it.


I started by painting some Matt Glaze over the pages and sprinkling on some Infusions. I used "A Bit Jaded" and "Golden Sands"....these are my two favourite colours and blended using a wide paintbrush.


This is a technique that I demoed at Stevenage which I really like and have used a lot. I painted some more Matt Glaze over an area of the Jaded Infusions and sprinkled on some Golden Sands and blended with my paintbrush. While it was still wet, I used a baby wipe to remove some of the colour through a stencil (PS005), to reveal the colour underneath.


Love this effect!


I repeated this with one of Emma Godfrey's stencils (PS018)


Now to start filling in the gaps. I found a giant, tube shaped packaging thingy.....you know, one of those polystyrene, squidgy things and used it as a stamp. 


Then I used some of that sticky mesh tape that builders use to join plaster boards together, this makes a great stencil.



I found a piece of Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap and stuck that down with Matt Medium.


Loving Emma's mini trio of flowers (EM23)


Some additional layers with some text (MN61) and stencil PS024


I painted in the butterfly  with a selection of Fresco paints and Matt Glaze to make them more translucent. 


And finally, this tree (I think it's an iStencil) which I enhanced with Prisma pencils.


It was so nice to be creative again, what a great way to spend a couple of hours.



17 comments:

craftimamma said...

Absolutely gorgeous but I knew it would be before I came over ;-). Thanks so much for the step by step Lin. Beautiful pages!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful spread!!! And, Yay!!! for play time!!!

Kaz Hall said...

I love your pages Lin, I'm deffo needing some of that builders tape too love the effect oh and the poly stamp thingy, really lovely xx

Ruth said...

Fabulous dreamy inspirational pages, LOVE the colours! xx

Jacqui Chimes said...

Beautiful - the tree would look gorgeous fabric/quilted

Helen said...

really gorgeous page (though the one you painted over was pretty good too!) - love the butterfly. Glad you made some you time at last!

jojo79 said...

Beautiful Lin, I love the tree

Anneke said...

And the result looks amazing. I love the blue with brown.

Tracey T said...

Fantastic tutorial, thank you, love the wiping colour off through a stencil 😊

Tracey T said...

Fantastic tutorial, thank you, love the wiping colour off through a stencil 😊

Miriam said...

Such a gorgeous project and fab tutorial. Thanks Lin xx

Miriam said...

Such a gorgeous project and fab tutorial. Thanks Lin xx

Winnieweg said...

Inspired!!

Caz said...

Absolutely beautiful Lin. Love the infusions through the stencil technique.

:-)
xx

Etsuko said...

Brilliant pages and love the colours. Wonderful idea and techniques. Thank you for the step by step. xx

Nicole said...

Absolutely magic. Thank you Lin. xx

Nicole said...

Absolutely magic. Thank you Lin. xx