Tuesday 9 September 2014

Star Book

On Saturday, I taught a class for the lovely Ali and Iain of Ali-Crafts at their retreat in Daventry.  The project was a star book and I had twenty five fabulous people attended my class. Every single project was totally different from my sample, the colours were amazing. It was fast paced, fun, messy, hilarious and there was lots of chocolate (thank you Danielle).




We made master boards using Colorbloom sprays, my PaperArtsy stencils, lots of PaperArtsy background stamps by Ellen Vargo and Sara Naumann and of course, my all time favourite paint, Fresco Finish. These were chopped up to create the pages and covers for the books.


We used the new floral stamps by Darcy and pretty much all of  Jo Firth-Young's floral images to create some focal images for the books.






We used some of the phrases and quotes from ELB05 & ELB06 throughout the book and for the front cover.


I think you'll agree that some of the colour combinations were just beautiful.


This is the front cover of my sample book. I tried to keep to turquoise/blues and orange.








And last but not least, this is how the books looks when it's opened out into a star. It's been many years since I made one of these and I must admit, it was so nice to make another one.


8 comments:

Daniele said...

a thoroughly enjoyable day, ages since I got messy and loved every minute
many thanks
hugs

Kathyk said...

Looks fabulous and looks like everyone had fun making them too

Kathyk

Jan said...

I had a lovely time and really felt I had achieved and learned a lot. Thanks Lin x

massofhair said...

Star cards/books are really good fun to make, they are great for the centrepiece of a table.

Some fantastic colourways, and fabulous creations made:-) xxx

Helen said...

Wow, what a fabulous class that sounds, wish I could have been there. Your sample has wonderful colours, but I absolutely love the pale yellowy-blue one. Stunning.

Anonymous said...

Must have been a very enjoyable day. Love all the layering with stencils, stamps and colour.
Margriet

Kirsten said...

Your star book is GORGEOUS. I'm sure everyone had the best time.

Etsuko said...

Wonderful class and beautiful project. I was very inspired by you have fused the stamp of wonderful four people xx