Thursday 12 June 2014

Please help if you can

First of all, I just want to say a huge thank you to the fourteen lovely ladies who came to my class at Crafting Time on Saturday and the twelve super people who joined me for a class on Monday at The Craft Barn both were fabulous classes to each and you all made fabulous projects and journal pages. I also need to thank Sandy at The Craft Barn for organising the Extravaganza event over the weekend, the amount of work that is involved to pull an event of this size together is enormous. The final thank is to everyone who attended the event and to those who stopped by to watched my demos, you all made the whole weekend wonderful.

Now on to something far more serious. In 2008 Leandra and I attended Ranger U in New Jersey, one of the students at this event was a young lady by the name of Tanya Watts. At that time, she was a single Mum of five children living in Belgium. A few years ago, she had breast cancer and following lots of treatment thought that life was on the up with no sign of any cancer. She met and married a young man called Curtis and moved to the US to start a new life with him and life was pretty good. Sadly, the happy phase has not lasted long as Tanya's cancer is back and it's not good news at all. She is currently undergoing an aggressive course of chemo and Curt is having to take a lot of time off work which is putting them under huge amounts of financial pressure.

Tanya has family here in the UK and one of her cousins is organising an event to raise funds to help with their enormous expenses. The event is on 5th July 2014 and it will be a sale of artwork and handmade items. If you feel that you would like to help with a donation of something that can be sold to raise a few £££'s for Tanya and Curtis, please email me at linda@lbcrafts.com for details of where to send your package.

I have never posted anything like this on my blog before but my heart really goes out to Tanya and her family. This has really made me stop and think and realise just how lucky I am. I am sending a parcel off today and if you feel that you could help in any small way, I would be truly grateful as would Tanya.

Lin


11 comments:

Julie Lee said...

I was very touched by this, Lin. My heart goes out to this family. I don't have much that I consider good enough to sell, but I will try in the next few days to create something. Julie Ann xxx

craftimamma said...

How tragic Lin. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Like Julie Ann I have no confidence that anyone would want to buy my things but I will go through what I have packed away and see what I can find.....a stamped box comes to mind.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Hilda said...

Lin, cannot imagine anything I made would raise any money, but I would be more than willing to make a monetary donation - is this acceptable?

Hilda said...

Lin, cannot imagine anything I made would raise any money, but I would be more than willing to make a monetary donation - is this acceptable?

yoursartfully said...

Thank you Julie Ann, I really appreciate that and so will Tanya. By the way, your work is good enough, I've seen lots of photos and in real life too, all you are lacking is a little confidence in your ability.

Lin

massofhair said...

Count me in Lin, i donated three items recently to raise money for my neighbour's brother who has cancer. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that two pieces sold for £10 & one for £5. I didn't have any confidence in my pieces either. Every little bit helps, will be in touch very soon:-)

yoursartfully said...

Yes Lesley, tragic sums up the situation very well. Your work is beautiful Lesley and I'm pretty sure someone will buy. Thank you for helping.

Lin

yoursartfully said...

Your cards are beautiful Hilda and I am confident they would sell. It's entirely up to you of course, any help is gratefully received. Please email me for more details.

Lin

yoursartfully said...

Thank you so much, I'll wait for your email.

Lin

Deborah Wainwright said...

How Sad Lin x

Suejimbel said...

Lin, I would love to help as my niece died v young of breast cancer. For those of us who may feel out output is not up to scratch, could you let us know where the event is as we may be able to attend and buy something. After all, as crafters, this is probably our second favourite hobby! Sue xoxo