I've been trying for the last two weeks to find a minute or two (well maybe an hour or two or three ) to make a couple of quickie projects for Ryn Tanaka, owner of Designs by Ryn. Last time I used Ryn's stamps, I made some fabric flowers and thought it might be a nice idea to make a couple of cards using some aluminium. In the end they weren't exactly quickie projects but I hope you like them.
Project No. 1
SKU CM-F2 Begonia and SKU CM-F15 Leafy Branch some aluminium, Black Stazon Ink, Stream, Pesto and Currant Alcohol Inks, Spanish Topaz Treasure Gold, Little Black Dress Fresco Finish paint and some Ten Seconds Studio embossing tools.
1. Stamp image on aluminium using Stazon ink. Heat set. Use a TSS pointy stylus to outline the image. It's a good idea to lean on a foam mat to do this.
3. Use A paper stump to gently puff the metal out, using smooth, sweeping strokes. You will probably find that this will remove the ink, but that isn't a problem, we only needed the ink to trace the lines.
4. When you flip the metal over, this is what you will have.
7. You will then be able to trim away the excess metal and decorate the edges with an embossing wheel.
9. To create the background, I stamped the Leafy Branch on the metal with Stazon. Used my pointy stylus to hammer the dotty background. Applied some of the black paint, working it into the dots and the gently removing the excess with a paper towel. Once dry, I used a tiny paintbrush to paint the leaves with Pesto Alcohol ink.
I'll be back tomorrow evening with the second card that I made.