Tuesday 6 March 2012

Fun in Holland

I'm back home after a wonderful weekend in Ede, Holland. I cannot thank my lovely host Lia Sauer of
De Craftorij enough for looking after me so well this weekend, I had a wonderful time. Nothing was too much trouble and I was made to feel so welcome by everyone. Lucky for me that all the lovely people I taught this weekend speak very good English as my understanding of Dutch is non-existent!!!

I taught three classes this weekend, the first of which was an introduction to Pan Pastels, it was a fabulous class where all twenty students got to try all the colours of Pan Pastels with Crafters Workshop stencils, Paperartsy and Dina Wakley stamps. Silly, silly me, I forgot to take photographs in this class but believe me, they all did a great job.....it was a lot of fun.


Saturday morning, another full class of twenty people took my Street Life class. Lots of different products used in this project but it was mainly about the paint......Fresco Finish paint. We used the Crackle Glaze as well the regular colours on wood, Claudine Hellmuth's sticky back canvas and Tim Holtz Grungepaper. There were even some metal houses made from Ten Seconds Studio metal that got painted with the paint too. Everyone worked really hard and here are some of the results......sorry ladies if your project is not here, I couldn't possibly post pictures of all twenty!!!





Triple Decker was my third and final class on Sunday afternoon. It is based on my metal flowers using Ten Seconds Studio metal and tools and Paperartsy dies.

Here are Joan and Margo busy at work in the back of the very large workshop area.....it's a great workspace.

Artemio wooden frames are being sprayed with Adirondack Colorwash sprays.

And a production line of metal flowers to make this. There are actally three of these wooden frames all joined together but it's a devil to photograph!!



Last but not least......a little snoop around Lia's fabulous store.......they made me sign the wall that all visiting artists sign but guess who forgot to take a close up photo of the wall?????


I love the design of this shop, it is a modern building with some modern fixtures and fittings but it also has a wonderful vintage feel about it too.

And finally, my wonderful hosts for the weekend. Lia and Joan (Lia is on the right). Thank you again for a wonderful weekend. The whole weekend was a fantastic experience.....the Japanese restaurant....the food was amazing as was your husband's home cooking. You all made me feel like part of the family and I can't thank you enough.


So if you are ever in Holland, you need to make sure you take a trip to see Lia at her store, you will not be disappointed, I promise.

7 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! So much creativity going on! Love the street scenes in shades of green - they look fabulous!

Helen said...

Sounds like a truly creative time was had by all - I'd love to visit Holland - my Mum used to go a lot to stay with relatives, when she was a child, (a long time ago!) but I've never been.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming to Holland. The streetlife workshop was lovely and very inspiring. You are a great teacher, very creative and patient.
Margriet

TAM said...

Sounds and looks like everyone had a whole lot of fun

Kirsten Alicia said...

I was thinking of you over the weekend, wondering how your trip was going. So glad you had such a great time, love the projects that were created.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Belinda Basson said...

That shop looks like a scrapper/crafters dream place to be. Ask them to take a photo of the wall and email it to you. Glad your classes were a success...will join you in a coffee while you are waiting any time...