In between the demos at the show yesterday, I was trying to put a piece together using some of Leandra's new stamps but it was so busy, it was quite ambitious to think I was going to be able to finish it. I mentioned this to some of the lovely ladies and also that I didn't really have a vision in my head of how I wanted the project to look, I'm a try it and see what happens kinda girl. Then it was almost a challenge set by them to finish it in front of them....so I thought what the heck, let's give it a go and see where it takes us. There was paint involved, a paper mache substrate, tissue paper, stencils, Portfolio Pastels and of course stamps. It came together really quite nicely but it just needed a few embellishments to finish it and of course I didn't have anything the correct colour with me, so I told the girls I would finish it at home and post it on my blog.
Sadly, my project got a bit bashed about on the journey home and my stamped tissue paper somehow got torn. First thought - ruined!! Second thought - lets see if we can stick it back down ....that wasn't a great success. Third thought - ruined!!! Fourth thought - peel off damaged tissue paper, sand it down, paint over it and start again. Fourth thought won.
I tried to use the same colours, I used the some of the same stamps but I did change the stencils. Yesterday I was using Leandra's stencils and I couldn't find one of the ones I used at the show so it is a little different from the original but it's as close as I could get. Anyway, it's completely finished now......Lin S. I hope you like it!!
Stamps are all Paperartsy check out the Hot Picks and Vintage