Thursday 2 December 2010

Christmas cards TSS style

Can you believe that it's December already....what the heck happened to the rest of the year???? If like me, you have not made a start on your Christmas cards, here's a really quick and easy way of making some very nice cards. I'm using the fabulous K11 Christmas Kabuka mould from Ten Seconds Studio along with a variety of coloured metals. In the samples that follow you will see examples of TSS Poison Ivy, Gold Nugget, Brr Blue and Barn Red.
Simply cut a piece of TSS metal, slightly larger than the Kabuka mould, I like to wrap the ends of the metal behind the mould to hold the metal in place or you could use some making tape to secure the metal. I used my Big Shot to emboss the metal so I put the mould with the metal on top of the multi platform, covered the metal with a silicone rubber mat, added a couple of sheets of cardstock to add extra depth and also to stop the rubber mat getting wound up inside the Big Shot. Crank the handle.....Bob's your uncle.......beautifully embossed metal.

The beauty about this mould is that there loads of designs on here that can all be individually cut out so that you can make a ton of cards in one go.

This one is Poison Ivy which I sanded gently with a sanding block to reveal the silver of the aluminium underneath.

This next one is Gold Nugget which has also been sanded......very delicate.....very pretty.



This one was Barn Red....I have to admit, I had real trouble photographing this one, the metal is way more red in real life, this is looking a little bit orange.



The final sample is Brr Blue which as been sanded but I also added a little bit of Tim Holtz pool alcohol ink for that gorgeous turquoise colour.

I hope that this inspires you guys to start your Christmas cards. Ten Seconds Studio products and alcohol inks can all be found on my website www.lbcrafts.com
Have a creative day.
Lin

18 comments:

Helen said...

These are gorgeous, Lin. Am off work, coughing and sneezing - looking out of the window am glad I decided to stay home!

Lulabelle said...

Beautiful cards!
I haven't made any christmas cards yet!

Sian said...

Beautiful cards, love the technique.

flutterbycrafter said...

Absolutely stunning

Siobhan Brignull said...

love them, I am making 20 cards this year for favoured peeps, LOL, the rest can have shop bought

Daniele said...

love this mould, the poinsettia is my fave, thanks for the tips
hugs

judith@poppy cottage said...

Gorgeous Linda! I bought this mould when I was at LB for the workshop last week, you have inspired me to use it now! Judith xx

Liz said...

Stunning cards and a fantastic way for me to get my cards done before I go on holiday next Friday! Thanks for the idea Lin

Linda M. Cain said...

These are drop-dead GORGEOUS!!! You ART the Queen of Metal. Way to go, Lin.

Big Hugs!
~Linda

Artmadnana said...

Lin, you are a star! I really love this Kabuka mould but now I know why. That poinsettia is to die for!! Thanks for great ideas! Must get me some 'poison ivy'.Chris

Nicks said...

bloomin' gorgeous x

Chris Arlington said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning!
Chris xo

Minxy said...

Cor you really are a dab hand with the metal Lin, i just love your cards

Kirsten Alicia said...

WOW!!! These are fantastic. I hereby promise myself that I am going to have a play with metal in 2011.

Hilda Gale said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you Lin - I need inspiration right now, have not been inspired to even start my cards until now - really fabulous, have ordered the plate and cannot wait to start creating!!! I think your metal adiction is really infectious!!
H xx

Vicki B in OP NY said...

One word...breathtaking!

Lynne Gilbert said...

These are beautiful. Love the mould. Think I may have to invest in it!!! Did you fill the back of the designs before mounting them?

Art By Wanda said...

These are all beautiful!!!!