Friday 8 October 2010

Guillotine break

Today is one of those frustrating days when you feel like you have been waiting for eternity to arrive and of course it never does. I am at home today waiting on delivery men....need I say more? I am sure that not all delivery men fall within this category and to those very nice ones, I apologise but when you are waiting for an am delivery and it's now 1.15pm, one tends to get a bit edgy especially as I really need to be at the shop to prepare for my melt art class tomorrow. Having moaned my socks off, I should admit to be very excited as the delivery men I am waiting on should be delivery a skip to take away rubble and garden waste and a builders merchant who will be delivering the materials for my fabulous new studio!!!!!!!!

I haven't been wasting my time though, I have been spending some time with my trusty guillotine, making a start on the name badges for our Artsycrafts events later this month. So I have printed everyone's name, coloured them all, very carefully cut them all out and separated them into the Warrington baggie and the Newport Pagnell baggie. Oh and I'm making badges for our trusty Artsycrafts assistants....they might just kill me if they didn't get a new badge too.

Having chopped over 100 bits of 2mm thick greyboard, my shoulder is telling me to take a break, so kettle is on and I'm writing to you.


If you are coming to AC, see if you can spot your name....there's no extra prize for spotting your name, I just thought it would be fun!!!!! Well, it's fun for me as I continue with the epic wait.
Have a fun and creative day, Lin

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a very sad face ... it is just like Romper Room all over again ... Mrs Rosalind never saw me either ... She always saw people like Tarquin and Sequin and Juniper ... but never Linda ... on the bright side ... I can see Karen :0)

Helen said...

Wish I was, but am hoping to make a real effort for next year. Hope your skip has arrived by now. Will be waiting for my phone engineer tomorrow afternoon, fingers crossed a) he turns up early and b) he can fix the phone without me having to completely move everything out of his way first.....

Steph said...

Started looking for my name before reading your comment about looking for our names lol. I have spotted a Stephanie in the pile so unless there is another Steph I will be going formal for the AC weekend :)
hope your delivery guys turn up soon.

Linda M. Cain said...

Crossing fingers for you. Have a good one!

~Linda

Sue said...

Phew - I can see me! (on the basis that I am sure I will be the only Sue coming (not!!)

Karin said...

Hope you didn't have to wait too long for your deliveries.
My name must be hidden in the depths, not long to go now.

Steph said...

Hi I am Stephanie too! I am going to warrington

steph said...

This Steph will be at MK but normally us Stephs have to stick together :)

Christine said...

I'm not coming but I spotted my name!!! *tee-hee*

Suz said...

I can't wait to see what you do with those names and board. Hope you will show us!

Jo said...

I saw my name and then realised it was in the pile with you and Leandra and realised twas the other Jo and not me :( I could try and impersonate her but I think you'd work it out pretty quickly!!

Kay said...

I wanna badge! I'm not coming this time but I wanna badge!!! Hope the skip and the building materials have turned up. How exciting!

donnalouiserodgers said...

oh no my name is not there - But it will be next year!

thanks for your kind words and sorry I'm late - I haven't got round all the woywwers yet ! and it's Sunday!!!!

I just feel so bad if I don't leave a comment, especially since every one gives me such great creative inspiration and stash hints...How's bottle man coming along? which did you choose? and whatisname?

Dx

kjjc said...

I can see me too Linda E. Unless there is more than one of me. (Perish the thought said my husband-cheeky b****r). Can NOT wait.

sue said...

So sad not to be able to come now, another sue label, but as long as there will hopefully be one next year, the sheer thought of coming then will keep me going.

Bit of a battle on my hands, but I will be back.

purple Sue.