Saturday 3 October 2009

Beeswax Collage Class

Well, I wouldn't say that I have recovered from Ally Pally yet as it has been a mad week. Actually all my weeks seem to be mad at the moment. We unpacked the van on Monday, I had loads of trade orders to get out, some serious ordering needed to be done after selling out of a ton of stuff and I have been teaching back to back classes since Thursday, with another one tomorrow. I remembered to take piccies at today's class so I thought I would share the beautiful samples that my students made today.

First up Halina's.

Next, Halina's 11 year old daughter Alex

Followed by Sue


Then Chris M

Then Chris C

Then Carol


Then Lisa


And last, but not least Chris.....yes we really had three Chris's on today class!

Everyone did a fabulous job. I had found some beautiful birdie napkins in a local shop that were just perfect for this project. We stamped on some tissue paper with PaperArtsy and B Line stamps, also stamped straight on the wooden frames and then beeswaxed over it all. All the embellishments were made using Ten Seconds Studio moulds and embossing wheels on Pearl metal which was then coloured with acrylic paint and alcohol ink to match the backgrounds.....didn't they all do well, there was a lot to cram into this 5 hour class.

Tomorrow's class is mixed media jewellery......it's going to be a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I would like to know where you get the bird napkins or the brand name so I could search on line to buy some. They are wonderful!

yoursartfully said...

Joyce, I bought these in a local gift shop and sadly, I didn't keep the packaging. I have already been back to see if they have any more but their stock has now changed to Christmas napkins!!!!

TonyaA said...

These are all so beautiful!
Blessings, peace, and love to you,
~Tonya

crafty chris said...

The class was great! I didn't see you take the photos, Lin! It makes our work look really professional. I have gone a bit mad looking for pretty paper napkins. Found some different bird designs at Sainsbury's - gorgeous! Can't wait for the next class. Love your blog!