Friday 8 May 2009

Been a busy girl!!!!


So many new products, so many new ideas BUT SO LITTLE TIME!!!!! I have been a busy girl of late but I just had to find some time to make some new samples this week.

Our order of Rangers new colours of alcohol inks FINALLY landed on my doorstep this week after such a loooooong wait. My Stampers Anonymous order arrived the week before having waited nearly four months for this order.......I'm guessing you can understand my frustration as we had hoped that all of these goodies would have been available for Ally Pally....never mind, they are here now and it was worth the wait.

I'm started to get a little worried about my changing taste in colour. Those of you who know me well, will know that I have been having a green year for about 2 -3 years now!!!!! Lately I have been influenced by Claudine Hellmuth's Studio paints, Ten Seconds Studio coloured metal, Glimmer Mist and the new alcohol inks and the GORGEOUS paints from Viva......I think I can feel a pastel phase coming on!!!!! Having said that I have really tried hard to get some samples made of new products which include all the new stamps from Paperartsy (Crowns & Castles and the MetalXtra range) and the book that I made did turn out quite dark but it does have a lot of pink in it....I hope it shows up in my photos below. I'll be talking more about the Viva paints in a future post as I have a great big long list of stuff to do because I have a show in Worthing next weekend.
Well, I couldn't have all the pages pink could I?
There is still quite a bit of work to do on this book, I think it is going to be one of those on-going projects that you just keep adding to when you have half an hour spare.

Here is a close up of a UTEE piece on the front cover that has an image stamped on metal underneath it
This is the other project that I have been wanting to make for weeks. The inspiration came from an article in a Stampington publication and I just couldn't wait to get started. It has 6 mini canvases, some of the UTEE pieces were made by pouring UTEE on a Paperartsy stamp and also on a TSS mould. This was something that Suze tried out when she visisted me earlier in the year....so thanks for the inspiration Suze....I have loved this technique!!! I have used Claudine's paints as well as some of the Precious Metal paints by Viva and lots of other stuff that just happened to be on my desk.......my desk is always full of STUFF!!!!!!





Yay!!! I have finally figured out how to rotate my photos without Mark's help, so here are a few close-ups!


Hope to see you at Worthing.

Lin.

4 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

TERRIFIC collage..great composition and wonderful, wonderful work!!! I've run out of words!!! I LOVE it!

TFS!!!!!!!!!!

Linda C

SueC said...

Such fabulous work Lin - so much talent. I only wish I had seen this blog entry before I phoned you - Colin could have brought even more stuff home!!! Can't wait to get my hands on the lovely metal and moulds in about 1 hour and 11 minutes, not that I'm counting!
Hugs Sue x

Maureen said...

I've just found your blog and love those different colours Linda and both projects are really good. Would you believe that I was halfway down the m/way to S/hampton 2 weeks ago and realised that I hadn't bought what I really went into your shop for!! (maureen - from Leicester)

Hels Sheridan said...

WOW! This artwork is amazing...and I would never have thought to use the melt pot with the TSS moulds...am off to have a play Thanks for the inspiration xx